Set up in 1994 following the deaths of four people from allergic reactions to nuts the Anaphylaxis Campaign is the only UK wide charity to exclusively meet the needs of the growing numbers of people at risk from severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) by providing information and support relating to foods and other triggers such as latex, drugs and insect stings.
Anaphylaxis Campaign says:
Our ultimate aim is to create a safe environment for all people with allergies by educating the food industry, schools, pre-schools, colleges, health professionals and other key audiences. Our focus is on medical facts, food labelling, risk reduction and allergen management.
To fulfil our Mission:
”To improve the lives of people with severe allergies”
The Anaphylaxis Campaign aims to:
- Raise awareness of severe allergy
- Provide independent and expert advice and support
- Campaign for better access to clinical advice and care
- Provide up to date, evidence based information
- Support research into Anaphylaxis